Logo

Organization Name:

Gopalganj District (DCGOPALGANJ)

Short Name:

DCGOPALGANJ

Application Start Date:

June 10, 2022

Application End Date:

June 30, 2022

Status:

Live

Adv No:

05.30.3500.014.11.001.22-386

Web Link:

Type: Government Job

Total Views: 571

Job ID: #GJOB3722

Advertisement Details:
Job Source: http://gopalganj.gov.bd/en

Publish Date: June 10, 2022

Deadline Date: June 30, 2022

Read Before Apply

Teletalk Job does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.

Please note that Teletalk Job is an equal employment organization. Any form of persuasion will disqualify the candidature.

Apply Procedure


Apply Online


Application Deadline: June 30, 2022

Report this Job
About Teletalk

Organization Information

Organization Name: Gopalganj District (DCGOPALGANJ)

Short Name: DCGOPALGANJ

Details: Gopalganj district's civilization-cultural infrastructure has been developed in the Gopalganj district. In the ancient times, this area belonged to the Bengal region. In the Sultani and Mughal era, this region ruled by the Hindu kings. During the permanent settlement (1793), Muksudpur upazila of Gopalganj district was part of Jessore district and the remaining part was in Dhaka-Jalalpur district. In 1807, Muksudpur thana was associated with Jessore district of Faridpur. Jalalpur was the name of a pargana in Faridpur district. Gopalganj Sadar and Kotalipara belonged to Jalalpur Pargana. In 1812 Chandina (Madhumati) river was fixed as a split line of Jessore and Dhaka-Jalalpur districts. Gopalganj-Madaripur area was a huge wetland. Here the prevalence of river-robbery was more. For this reason, the division of Bakerganj was established in Madaripur subdivision in 1854. A police station named Gopalganj was formed in 1872 in Madaripur subdivision. In 1873 Madaripur subdivision was linked with Faridpur district from Bakerganj district. In 1909, the Madaripur subdivision was formed and the Gopalganj subdivision was formed. Moksudpur thana with Gopalganj and Kotalipara police station was included in the newly formed Gopalganj subdivision. The first subdivisional administration of Gopalganj was Mr. Suresh Chandra Sen. In 1910 the Bench Court of the sub-division was elevated to the Criminal Court. In 1921, the city of Gopalganj was upgraded. According to the census, there were only 3,440 people in Gopalganj city. Civil Court was started in Gopalganj in 1925. In 1936 Mukasudpur thana was formed and Kashiani thana was formed. In 1974, a police station named Tungipara was formed to break Gopalganj Sadar Police Station. On 1 February 1984, the Gopalganj subdivision was upgraded to the district. Gopalganj district's first Deputy Commissioner was Mr. A F. M. Ehia Chowdhury. At present, Gopalganj district consists of 05 upazilas, 05 thanas, 04 municipalities, 68 union and 653 mouas. Currently, Mr. Mohammad Mokhlesur Rahman Sarker is working as Deputy Commissioner. Faridpur district on the north, Pirojpur and Bagerhat districts on the south, Madaripur and Barisal districts on the east and Narail district on the west.